These Make Yoga More Effective and Easy!

Admit it. You would think twice before entering that Yoga class, all because those exercises and poses look too uncomfortable. But hey, no pain, no gain, right? But just so you would finally lift that lazy foot and head on to the next meditation class, here are a few Yoga equipment (yes, name it: paraphernalia, apparatus, gears, they are here) that would surely make your exercises not only more effective but also easy. Just give it a chance:

The Clothes- of course, begin with what you will be wearing! Choose ones that are comfortable and with breathable materials.

The Mat- or the so-called sticky mat. This gives traction for the feet and hands, to prevent an accidental slip. If you can, buying your own mat saves you from renting one during classes (yes, you would not want the smell of others sweat!).

The Strap- these are commonly used by people who have difficulty in reaching out for their own ankles or feet. Straps are useful for poses that need binding.

The Nada Chair- as opposed to its name, it is not actually a chair! It is an adjustable sling that is used to align the spine when seated. This then alleviates pain in the lower back and hips.

The Blocks- these provide support and safety when doing poses. They help stretch your hands, heels, and even hips. Using these makes you stretch your spine and chest. Most blocks in the market today are firm, thus, they can withstand pressure.

The Bolsters- just like the ones we use when we sleep, these provide support. Even during difficult exercises, they support the back, chest, and hamstrings. There are several types of bolsters: the rectangular, cylindrical and breathing bolsters, to name a few.

The Backbending Bench- this equipment not only stretches the chest and shoulders but also is a spine extender. It is good at stretching and toning the muscles and organs of the abdomen. It would also come as good news that it improves circulation of the kidneys, relieves back pain, and might reduce cramps caused by menstruation. Patients with scoliosis could benefit greatly from this.

The Calf Stretcher- as the name suggests, is used to stretch the calf muscles. It could also stretch the hamstrings and Achilles tendons. Doing stretches for these muscles could relieve pains in the lower back.

The Heartbench- much like its cousin, the Backbender, this equipment stretches the chest and upper portion of the spine. It also relieves cramps caused by menstruation and constipation. It deepens one’s breathing and improves circulation of the kidneys.

There are a few tips in using this equipment. You can use this to recline, making sure that your hips are on the ground. Doing this intensifies chest stretching. On the other hand, if you are in an inverted position, it is the muscles of the abdomen that you stretch.

The Head Stander- this equipment is main purpose is to relieve the head, and even the neck, of any pressure. The distribution of the weight becomes: 90% go to the shoulders and the remaining 10% to the palms. The pads cushion the shoulders and press the muscles there. This helps relieve headaches.

The Heartblock- this is for chest stretching and extension of the upper portion of your spine. It also helps deepen your breathing, relieves constipation and menstrual pains. Again, this stimulates the kidneys.

This equipment serves as a fulcrum where the ribcage and the shoulders are stretched, thus, giving an intense extension when compared against the Heartbench.

The Shoulderstand Bench- this distributes only a small portion of your weight on your shoulders and neck, thus, strain on these areas could be eliminated. A proper shoulderstand would ease back pains. It also stretches the spine and chest muscles.

The Forward Bender- it is very similar to the calf stretcher as it also stretches the calves and hamstrings. But a word of caution! Be sure that you are able to reach your feet even when your legs are straight, else this equipment becomes useless. This will help flexible persons intensify their forward bends.

These are just few of the equipment that are being offered in the market today. Consider investing on some of these and you are well on your way to a rewarding yoga experience!